Embedded Software Engineers
Transform your career with RealVNC and join our successful and expanding Mobile, Automotive and OEM team at RealVNC.
RealVNC is a highly successful software company based in Cambridge (UK) city center. As the original developers of VNC remote-access technology our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide. It is now being adopted as a new standard in exciting and innovative embedded applications within the mobile to automotive connectivity and consumer electronics sectors. Our rapidly growing OEM customer base is truly global and includes the world’s largest automotive manufacturers and Japanese consumer electronics companies.
We have immediate, significant expansion plans and are looking for talented and committed Embedded Software Engineers to join our growing team.
These roles are a fantastic opportunity for experienced Software Engineers to join our team and take an active role in growing our global brand. As part of the growing team you will be working on creation of the latest generation of VNC technology targeted for use within the automotive sector. You must possess demonstrable programming and problem solving skills. A team player, you will be highly self-motivated and will enjoy considerable responsibility. The work is interesting and challenging and you will be expected to make a full and significant contribution.
Your skills and experience should include
- Demonstrable experience of developing software using any of the following embedded operating systems: Linux, Windows Automotive, Windows CE, Android, QNX, µItron, Genivi Applied experience within an automotive application is highly desirable
- Understanding of network programming, protocol design, compression, security and multithreaded programming
- Experience in creating and maintaining development toolkits, pluggable components and reference applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail and a focus on delivering results
- Experience in customer-facing situations would be beneficial
- A relevant technical degree (or equivalent qualification) in Computer Science or a related subject or equivalent industry experience
- Foreign language skills in one or more of French, German, Italian or Japanese would be highly beneficial but not essential
This is a rare opportunity to join a successful, growing company with a recognized global brand and huge potential and vision. The successful candidates will be compensated with an attractive package appropriate to qualifications and experience, to include a competitive salary and generous benefits including contributory pension, childcare vouchers and private dental and medical care. This is a full time post working 35 hours per week (Monday - Friday), however flexibility may be required to accommodate the Global market.
How to apply
For further information or to apply for these vacancies, please send a covering letter and copy of a recent CV quoting the reference ESE2 to email@example.com.
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and candidates invited to interview are requested to provide proof of their eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
We will not consider agency applications for these posts.