Mobile Applications Developer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Application Developer to join our successful and expanding engineering team at RealVNC.
RealVNC is a highly successful software company based in Cambridge (UK) city center. As the original developers of VNC remote-access technology our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide from the non-technical home user to IT professionals from global companies, such as Intel, IBM, and Philips. We are currently expanding our consumer-focused mobile and embedded application offerings and are looking for a talented Mobile Applications Developer to join a small, dedicated consumer viewer team.
This is an excellent opportunity for a mobile developer to work on products spanning a wide range of mobile and embedded platforms. As a member of a small team, you will be expected to contribute to all aspects of the product, including roadmap, development, UX and test frameworks. The work also offers the opportunity to work with our server product and teams to produce end-to-end solutions to contribute to an excellent user experience. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is willing to explore novel solutions and offer a significant contribution to these products.
Your skills and experience must include
- A relevant technical degree (or equivalent qualification) in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- In-depth knowledge and experience of at least one or more embedded mobile platforms, including iOS, Android and Windows Phone 8
- Good working knowledge of C++
- Experience of Objective-C, Java or C#
- Strong development experience and Object Oriented design skills
- Full software lifecycle experience
- Strong problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail and a focus on delivering results
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Experience of any of the following is highly desirable
- Experience in user-interface and interaction design and development
- Cross-platform software development experience
- Understanding of network programming and protocol design
- Distributed systems and Internet technologies, such as HTTP
- Development experience on desktop and server environments
- Designing and developing networked mobile applications or services, including server-side infrastructure for connecting to mobile devices
- Experience of bringing consumer applications to market on one-or-more mobile platforms
This is a rare opportunity to join a successful, growing company with a recognized global brand and huge potential and vision. The successful candidate will be compensated with an attractive package appropriate to qualifications and experience, to include a competitive salary and generous benefits including contributory pension, childcare vouchers and private dental and medical care. This is a full time post working 35 hours per week (Monday - Friday), however flexibility may be required.
How to apply
For further information or to apply for this vacancy, please send a covering letter and copy of a recent CV quoting the reference AD2 to email@example.com.
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and candidates invited to interview are requested to provide proof of their eligibility to work. At this point, we will only consider candidates resident in the Cambridge (UK) area for this role.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
We will not consider agency applications for this post.