Mobile Applications Developer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Application Developer to join our successful and expanding engineering team at RealVNC.
RealVNC is a highly successful software company based in Cambridge (UK) city center. As the original developers of VNC remote-access technology our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide from the non-technical home user to IT professionals from global companies, such as Intel, IBM, and Philips. We are currently expanding our consumer-focused mobile and embedded application offerings and are looking for a talented Mobile Applications Developer to join a small, dedicated consumer viewer team.
This is an excellent opportunity to work on products spanning a wide range of mobile platforms. You will be expected to contribute to all aspects of these products, including user interface development, networking and test frameworks. The work also offers the opportunity to work with our server product team to produce end-to-end solutions that provide an excellent user experience. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is willing to explore novel solutions and offer a significant contribution to these products.
Your skills and experience must include
- Native development experience on at least one mobile platform (ideally iOS or Android)
- Strong knowledge of Objective-C and/or Java
- Strong object-oriented design skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail
- Full software lifecycle experience
- A good general understanding of the technologies that underpin the Internet, and how they work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A relevant technical degree (or equivalent qualification) in Computer Science or similar
Experience of any of the following is highly desirable
- User interface and interaction design and development
- Cross-platform development
- Good working knowledge of C++
- Understanding of network programming and protocol design
- Experience of bringing consumer applications to market on one or more mobile platforms
This is a rare opportunity to join a successful, growing company with a recognized global brand and huge potential and vision. The successful candidate will be compensated with an attractive package appropriate to qualifications and experience, to include a competitive salary and generous benefits including contributory pension, childcare vouchers and private dental and medical care. This is a full time post working 35 hours per week (Monday - Friday), however flexibility may be required.
How to apply
For further information or to apply for this vacancy, please send a covering letter and copy of a recent CV quoting the reference AD2 to email@example.com.
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and candidates invited to interview are requested to provide proof of their eligibility to work. At this point, we will only consider candidates resident in the Cambridge (UK) area for this role.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
We will not consider agency applications for this post.