Technical Support Engineer
Transform your career with RealVNC and join our successful, forward thinking team.
RealVNC is a highly successful, forward thinking software company based in Cambridge (UK) city center. As the original developers of VNC remote-access technology our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide from the non-technical home user to IT professionals from global companies, such as Intel, Google, IBM, DreamWorks, NASA and Philips.
We have immediate, significant expansion plans and are looking for a committed and passionate Technical Support Engineer to join our growing team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual to take an active role in providing a first class support service to RealVNC customers, while influencing changes and improvements to the product suite.
You'll work providing technical support for external customers who require assistance on the range of VNC products. Day-to-day responsibilities will include logging, answering and resolving support queries by phone and email, taking ownership of technical software problems, reproducing and resolving software issues and interacting with management in escalating any difficult issues. Other tasks will include maintaining an up-to-date knowledge base of known issues and workarounds, liaising with Technical Authors to ensure documentation is current and accurate, testing new builds of software prior to general release and working closely with the Sales and Marketing teams on customer projects and pre-sales technical support.
The responsibilities of this role include
- Responding professionally and effectively to customer support enquires via email and telephone up to second line support
- Proactively maintaining and updating the RealVNC knowledge base
- Working closely with the Sales and Marketing teams on customer projects and pre-sales technical support
- Providing in house technical training to RealVNC colleagues and staff
- Supporting the team with projects and activities as may reasonably be required of the role
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders and acting as a representative of RealVNC at all times
Your skills and experience must include
- Understanding and experience of providing excellent customer service in a role with direct customer contact
- Strong technical ability including a knowledge of mobile technology
- Experience of using and supporting cross platform operating systems including Windows and UNIX
- Understanding of computer networking and network principles
- Excellent customer service skills including the ability to problem solve efficiently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A confident, professional style with collaborative team working skills
- The ability to work autonomously and proactively
This is a rare opportunity to make a contribution to the continued success and growth of a world-class company with huge potential and vision. The successful candidate will be compensated with an attractive package appropriate to qualifications and experience, to include a competitive salary in the region of £19k - £24k and generous benefits including contributory pension, childcare vouchers and private dental and medical care.
This is a full time post, working 35 hours per week (Monday - Friday) on a shift pattern basis to help support the working hours between 9am - 9pm. Some flexibility will be required to accommodate a global market, and potentially in the future there may also be an on-call working requirement.
How to apply
For further information or to apply for this vacancy, please send a covering letter and copy of a recent CV quoting the reference TSE2 to email@example.com.
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and candidates invited to interview are requested to provide proof of their eligibility to work. At this point, we will only consider candidates resident in the Cambridge (UK) area for this role.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
We will not consider agency applications for this post.